The Salitrillo Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) services approximately 17,000 connections. The Salitrillo plant began operations in 1966 with an average daily flow of 3.96 MGD and a permitted flow of 5.83 MGD.
Construction Updates on Plant Expansion
In order to meet the growing population in the area, the Salitrillo WWTP is currently undergoing a plant expansion. After the expansion, the plant will have a new capacity of 7.33 MGD.
January 27, 2023 – Update
- For safety, temporary construction fencing has been installed
- Topsoil has been placed on the berm to support future vegetation. Vegetation will be installed once construction is complete.
- Electrical duct banks and yard piping continue to be installed
- The combined effluent structure has been completed and now needs to be equipped
- The electrical portion of the new screw pump was installed and the pump will be started up this week
Please contact us with any further questions.