Escondido Creek Parkway
With its lush vegetation, effortless accessibility and modern recreation amenities, Escondido Creek Parkway will be the favorite outdoor hub in the City of Kenedy, a gathering place for the community to relish their time in nature and with each other. This inviting linear park will transform the way people connect with their community and the environment by providing unparalleled opportunities to safely recreate in a native landscape. In the shifting shade of willows, by a lively chorus of birdsong, along a rippling blue reservoir, people will come together at Escondido Creek Parkway.
Escondido Creek is a modest ephemeral waterway that runs through the City of Kenedy in Karnes County, Texas. As a significant tributary in the southern basin of the San Antonio River Watershed, the San Antonio River Authority has shared a long history, since the 1950s, with the local leaders and citizenry to construct, operate and maintain thirteen dams within the creek’s watershed.
The Escondido Creek Parkway Project is a vision to create an attractive linear park with features that allow the community new opportunities to sit, stroll, run, play and enjoy the outdoors along a waterway full of benefits. In part, it will function as a safe thoroughfare, connecting Joe Gully Park and sports fields to homes and schools by providing trails under Highway 181. Recreational amenities in the linear park include an over one-mile long trail which is 10 feet wide to allow multi-purpose use—such as hiking and biking surrounded by beautiful Texan native landscaping. Some amenities include: a playground, splash pad, skate park, a pavilion, restrooms, an amphitheater, picnic tables, benches and much more. These enhancements will promote a healthy lifestyle and enjoyment of the outdoors for generations to come.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the Escondido Creek Parkway, Contact Us.
Upcoming Walking Tours
Thursday, September 3rd at 9 a.m.
- Participants will meet at the 5th street park parking lot.
- Tours will take approximately 1 hour
- Limited Space
- RSVP Required - Call 1-866-345-7272 ext. 3228 to reserve your spot today
- If you're in need of special accommodations, please let us know when you sign up
- Deadline to sign up is 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour
- Special requirements: Wear a face mask, long pants, and sturdy closed-toe shoes. NO dresses, skirts or high heels. No exceptions.
- Bring your own water, there will be a lot of walking
- Tours are subject to cancellation due to weather