Visitors to the San Antonio River and its recreational resources are often swept away by the diverse range of possibilities.
At San Antonio River Authority Parks and Trails, you can:
- Run and hike
- Paddle - contact the San Antonio River Authority's approved paddling vendors, Mission Adventure Tours or AirBnB's Kayak the River to reserve a kayak tour today!
- Explore Spanish Missions
- Celebrate World Heritage along the Mission Reach
- Enjoy public art along the Museum Reach and Mission Reach
- Photograph nature
- Bird watch
- Camp at Helton Nature Park
- Play on a playground
- Host a family or community event - reserve your spot
From its calm, peaceful flow through the urban environment at its headwaters, to its wild, unpredictable rural stretches, the San Antonio River traverses 240 miles to the Texas coast. We invite you to discover the wonders of the river at San Antonio River Authority Parks and Paddling Trails located throughout Bexar, Wilson, and Goliad Counties.
Health and well-being are important in everyone’s life and the parks and paddling trails that the River Authority operates are wonderful spaces to enjoy fun and relaxing opportunities for recreation.
You can find a full list of nature parks in the San Antonio River Basin HERE.